One can measure the effectiveness of Change Management with the Seven Rs, introduced in the last ITIL v2 book “Business Perspective II”. Together, these seven questions constitute a straigthforward approach that can help assessing the impact and risk associated with each Change.
The seven questions are:
1.Who RAISED the change?
2. What is the REASON for the change?
3. What RETURN is required from the change?
4. What are the RISKS involved in the change?
5. What RESOURCES are required to deliver the change?
6. Who is RESPONSIBLE for the “build, test, and implement” portion of the change?
7. What is the RELATIONSHIP between this change and other changes?
This way Change Management will have seven dedicated little helpers to recover from poison apples…