Topics I find interesting – thus candidates to deeper understanding and writing this year:
- BPMN 2.0 – Visual standard from OMG that allows existing or revamped/new processes capture. Allows for convenient representation of collaborating roles, events for timers and notification, decisions and tasks. More on this here and a blog and a poster!
- Infosec and Service Management fusion – Pushed by ISOs (ISO 20000, ISO 27001 and guidance on integrated implementation of both: ISO 27013).
- Seamless process and content – On one side venerable content centric ECM. On the other corner not-so-new process centric BPM (ACM lurking nearby). Ways to blend both wanted.
- Social knowledge – Tagging and searching go a long way towards knowledge sharing. How can we tap into this torrent and extract meaningful wisdom?
- Mobile/BYOD/BYOE – Bring Your Own Everything… this ties back to information security and is a big issue now. Mobile Device Management (MDM – hooray! Another 3 letter buzzword!) coming of age.
I may draw on these topics as I did before mostly with ITIL. Lets see how it goes this time.
My wishes for you gentle readers: Go for your dreams this year. Remember life is short – the sooner the better. And laugh a lot – oxygen and endorphin for free!